Sound Gallery is committed to providing you with the best possible customer service experience. Sound Gallery is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), which sets out a number of principles concerning the privacy of individuals.
Collection of your personal information
There are many aspects of the site which can be viewed without providing personal information, however, for access to future Sound Gallery customer support features you are required to submit personally identifiable information. This may include but not limited to your full name, residential address, phone number(s), email address, bank account and/or credit card details and driver’s license number.
Sharing of your personal information
We may occasionally hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to handling customer support enquiries, processing transactions or customer freight shipping. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service. Sound Gallery takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
How your personal information is collected
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, for example, when you provide information via phone, email, sales invoices, sales-related documentation, or through our website;
- From third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- From publicly available sources of information;
- From our own records of your previous purchases;
- When legally required to do so
Use of your personal information
Your information may be used to:
- Verify your identity;
- Assist you to subscribe to our services;
- Provide the services you require;
- Implement and manage those services, including invoicing, charging, collecting debts, installation/delivery of equipment;
- Suggest ways the services we provide to you could be improved;
- Research and develop our services;
We may also distribute promotional and marketing material to you by way of direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS messages by us or our related companies and bodies. This is to keep you informed of products, services, special offers and new events relevant to Sound Gallery. If you do not wish to receive this promotional material from us or our related companies, please contact us. We will take reasonable precautions to ensure all promotional and marketing material that may have been distributed to you will include an option where you may cancel your subscription. Should you wish for this to happen, we will remove you from that list only.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. Sound Gallery reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis.
Call: (03) 9578 8658
Post: Sound Gallery,
Shop 1, 225-229 Koornang Rd, Carnegie VIC 3163 Australia