Compact Digital Music Library
N100 is the half-sized model of MELCO Digital Music Library – store your local file music tidily and play music with USB-DAC or Network Player.
Store and Management
The music files once saved to N100 can be played through LAN and USB.
CD import using any USB connected optical disc drive with metadata and album art added from Gracenote database. Compatible with MELCO D100 high performance CD loader.
CD can be played directly without importing into connected USB-DAC in the manner of a high-end CD player.
Convenient downloading of Hires music directly into Melco N100 without need for a network computer from HiResAudio.com and other vendors.
Optional software Song Kong adds more detailed metadata to your music collection.
Playing music files
N100 will collate and arrange the complete music library and offers browse by Album, Artist, Data format, Date of recording, Composer etc.
Browse and play is possible from the N100 front panel or App on smartphone or tablet.
N100 supports all high res music formats up to 32bit 384kHz and Octo DSD.
Default media server is twonky which is compatible with many network audio devices.
Optional MinimServer (UPNP server) can be applied within the Melco Menu settings.
The controller app – Melco HD App is free to download on iPad. (for USB-DAC local player only, for Network Player, please use network manufacturers player App)
N100 is ready to use once language and time zone has been selected.
Additional advanced features, all accessible from the simple front panel interface, allow for customization.
When USB-DAC is connected and with MELCO HD control App, N100 becomes network transport to play music from streaming services, like TIDAL, qobuz and vTuner internet radio.
- Fine design both for rack-style and desktop use (215 mm)
- Aluminum front and top panel with hairline finish
- 2 mm steel sheet chassis for anti-vibration
- HDD is designed with anti-vibration system “HS-S²”(Highly Stable Storage System) under same concept as N1ZS/2A.
- LAN port for direct connection with player (no LED for status indication)
- USB2.0 x3 are compatible with USB-DAC, USB CD drive and USB storage such as USB HDD or USB flash memory. When the drive is connected, user can choose the purpose of the drive on the front display. (Import, expansion, backup, restore etc)
- Low C/N clock of NDK
- Power management system by FPGA for improved system stability.
- Fan-less design
- 2.0TB 2.5”SFF HDD x 1 (equivalent to approx. 4000 CDs) / Contact us for 5.0 TB option
- Gigabit Dual Ethernet LAN port
- PC file sharing function
- DLNA/UPnP media server function with Twonky Server 8.5
- USB-DAC connection for USB playback – supports Gapless and DSD with DoP and Melco Markerless DSD.
- Automatic download of music files from Hires Audio.com, and other vendors to be announced, with file integrity check.
- CD import to local HDD using Gracenote Database.
- Backup and Restore of internal HDD – compatible with Melco N1 series.
- 215 x 61 x 269mm
- Net weight Appx.3kg